Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Day 14 - Worst day yet

I took Benadryl for the second time on this journey to see if I could get some decent sleep before trying to go into work today. Got settled in by 10:30 PM and slept until 3:30 AM. Then, I was wide awake. Damn adrenal glands! A classic symptom of adrenal fatigue, which I probably have thanks to the topical steroid use.

When I did wake up at 3:30 AM I could tell I was an oozing mess. Both ears, back of the neck, front of the neck, collar line... it finally hit like it did in 2011. I tired to snooze a bit and got up at 5 AM and straight into the tub. Soaked for just over an hour and then got some clothes on and got my son up and ready for school.

I waited until 9 AM to decide to go into work. Took care of a small list of urgent things to get done and then went home. Four hours clocked in... not too bad. As the day went on my neck, jawline, and lower cheeks crusted over. That means on thing... major oozing. Must be the clear type since everything was still a lovely shade of red.

So now I sit here and wonder if I should take a bath tonight before I go on my nightly sleeping adventure. Skin is a little tight due to the crusting. Will a bath make it sleeping conditions worse? Open up everything so it can really ooze out? Or leave it alone and try to keep things plugged up? The white cotton T-shirt I took off this morning has puss all along the collar... I doubt if I left it alone it wouldn't ooze.

Damed if I do... damned if I don't.

No comments:

Post a Comment