Sunday, May 19, 2013

Hands on the right track... again!

Didn't plan on blogging again this soon, but had to show my hands...

Had to work today (Sunday) which isn't typical. I'd rather have some down time to rest, especially the eyes. Got some coconut oil on the eyes to soften the skin up and then jumped in the tub to soak and take off a layer of skin. Yes... after 30 mins you can see the skin cells floating in the water, but it feels better to get it off.

One thing that I remember vividly from my 2011 during my three-month topical steroid (TS) vacation and back-ending into TS withdrawal, is the dilemma of whether you should shower, take a bath, or just wash up. Showers hurt SO bad during that time... something I'm not looking forward to this time around.

My face is shedding, but it's bearable so far. Could rub my hands on my face during the bath and feel the dead skin rolling off. Again, gross but need to get this stuff off before going to work. Applied moisturizer to most of my body post-bath. Vaseline "repairing" moisturizer... I like it so far.

One more thing that I remember from 2011 is how quickly my hands recovered, and so far it's happening again (yeah!). No open cuts anymore on any of my fingers. Even after the bath they were looking very good. Three days ago I had the thumbs, ring, and middle fingers on both hands broken out, flaking skin, and reddish looking. I wore bandaids on them almost every day just to protect them from getting bumped into something. They really hurt.

During the day today, as my skin moisture changes, a few fingers became very red and angry looking. By the time I got home at 3 PM they were back to more flesh colored. Just hope the fingers keep going that direction. I need my hands fully functional again!!

I'll call this a good day. I'm keeping my expectations low for the next few weeks, though. I know how bad this can get and don't expect to be spared.

No comments:

Post a Comment