Thursday, May 23, 2013

Day 8... Can't go fast enough

I don't think I'm alone when I say, "let's get this show on the road!" I just want the days to go fast and symptoms to come sooner rather than later. One week behind me and lots more to go.

The eyes are similar to my experience in 2011. The eyeballs get to be pretty good, but the skin around the eyes is the problem. At different times it gets dry, tight, rippled, and irritated. Flaking comes and goes and they look like major "allergy eyes." Makes your appearance very ugly as you try to get through your work day.

My arms were the last parts of my body to get any topical steroid (TS) and they're spotty with red spots. No "red sleeves" and I didn't get that in 2011, either. The back of my left hand is all red and flaked badly yesterday.. today, just red. My face and neck is where I last used Protopic eight days ago. The neck is getting bad. No major oozing, yet, but my memory of those days tells me it's coming. Neck skin is getting thick and flaking off in big pieces. Face cheeks and jaw line is a darker red color.

My left ear is getting "thick." If feels enlarged and is flaking every day. It's cracked behind where the ear meets my head and it's oozing there. Today, the oozing wasn't bad, but it's there. I try not to disturb it too much. Right ear flakes, but not as bad. I have "cuts" at the top of each ear (where it meets the head) and they both scabbed over. Very painful if those scabs get hit if I scratch or try to get rid of some flakes. The skin around both ears is very dry, including the skin on my scalp. Major, major flakes which looks like dandruff. I've been wearing hats, but really don't need to since nothing comes off unless I itch the scalp... and damn, does that feel good to do that.

I've been able to go to work, so far, with a 30-40 minute bath soak each morning. Since everyone at work knows what I'm going through, and they saw me in 2011, it's business as usual even though I'm looking tougher and tougher each day. Have to love those extra looks you get. If I can just get over the hump with the eyes in the next week or two I can handle the rest of it and keep on working.

I have one more work day and then a three-day weekend. Usually I work on Memorial day to build-up more time off, but this year I'll take the extra day. I think I'm going to need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment